May 11, 2010

Evermore by Alyson Noel

Working in a library means that I have an impossibly long "to-read" list made up of new and older titles. I keep track of every book I'd really like to read on Goodreads.com. Every time I visit that site I look at the impossibly long list and feel like I'll never get to it. So when I squeeze in the time to cross an item off, it feels AMAZING! Even more amazing when the book is fabulous!
I really enjoyed Evermore by Alyson Noel. Every time I put it down it called me back to pick it up.

"Since a horrible accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people's thoughts, and know a person's life story by touch. Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school-but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste"
I thought the description of Ever's feelings and internal struggle were very authentic and I loved and rooted for her as the main character. Definitely worth reading. Now I've had to add the second book "Blue Moon" to the impossibly long list.....sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Addition*- Just finished Blue Moon- the second in the series and loved it! Another one to cross off my list. I highly recommend this series!
    -Library Gal

    ReplyDelete