June 6, 2010

48 HBC update 4

Sold by Patrica McCormick

Sold into prostitution, Lakshmi lives a nightmare and gradually forms friendships with the other girls that enable her to survive in this terrifying new world. Then the day comes when she must make a decision to risk everything for a chance to reclaim her life.
Very very powerful novel in a free verse format that I don't think I'll ever forget. It's terrifying to think, that the story though in a fiction format, is an everyday fact and truth for thousands of girls who are misled and sold to brothel's. Lakshmi's bravery, and hope was inspiring.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book! It was very raw and heartbreaking.
    http://thesmartyowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this book a lot better than McCormicks first book, Cut. I thought it was very powerful and devastating. Definitely worth picking up!

    ReplyDelete