September 25, 2010

Covers












I try to never judge a book by its cover, however I find I am attracted to a certain types of covers more than others. I often wonder if the complexity of a cover is an insight into how the publishers feel about the book and how successful they believe it will be?
I'm usually drawn to covers that reflect the contents and emotions of the story. Although if a book has a really great review, I'll read it whether the cover is fabulous or not. These are just a few that I've really liked.

3 comments:

  1. Out of the five covers above which appeals to you most?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally judge books by their covers. The best example of when this did not work in my favor is 'Hex Hall'. At the bookstore I work at, I'd pick it up, glance at the back, then put it back with a 'nah', mostly because of the cover art. So, fast forward a few weeks and I need a book to read and I see an arc with nothing but a black cover with a title. I read it and love it only to find out that it is in fact Hex Hall! (I didn't put two and two together until I had finished the arc and gone back to work!)

    Anyway, I agree, Elsewhere and Plain Kate have some really great covers.

    I should get hoppin along! I'm following you now, btw!

    ~Brooke,
    http://brookesboxofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do tend to judge a book by its cover, especially if I'm randomly browsing in stores because it's the ones that catch my eye that make me pick them up and take a look at their plot description...

    Me and the Blondes was a great read but the sequel left me DEVASTATED. The cover for Clockwork Angel probably appeals to me the most though!! :)

    ReplyDelete