November 16, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday-Villians


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the fabulous bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's list features our Top Ten Villians

I agree with what Paula said over at The Broke and the Bookish....where would our books be without the bad guys? Sometimes there are the very ones driving us to turn the pages faster and faster as they put our heroes, the ones we love through the paces.


My list in no particular order:

  1. The White Witch/Queen from Narnia. I despised her. Her twisted lies, and fierce vengeance. In the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, I was devastated when she hurt Aslan. It wasn't so much that she killed him, but it was how she humiliated him. She was pure evil.
  2. President Snow from the Hunger Games- Another guy I'm sure will make an appearance on every list.
  3. King Haggard and the Red Bull from the Last Unicorn. Their horrible quest to rid the world of Unicorns.
  4. Mrs.Coulter from Philip Pullmans Dark Materials. Her manipulation of her daughter is unforgivable.
  5. It/Man with Red Eyes from a Wrinkle in Time. Taking over our dear Charles
  6. Voldemort. I'm pretty sure everyone will have this guy on their list. He's the one who just won't seem to go away. My son is 9 and we're reading the Harry Potter Series together(his first time my...well I've lost count of how many times I've read it.) We're on book 5 together and we've had lots of "life skill' discussions about bullies etc....At this point he feels that if Voldemort (Tom Riddle) had just had a mom and dad that really loved him he wouldn't have been so "mean".....I'm not so sure.
I only came up with 6, put I'm sure just like every week I'll read other bloggers lists and see many more I could have added.

8 comments:

  1. With you on the White Witch...I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you and say that I'm not on the Harry Potter/Hunger Games band wagon. I only read the first Potter book and none of th Hunger Games.

    I had forgotten about It in a Wrinkle in Time...good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay somebody else mentioned It! Very creepy. Also Mrs. Coulter is the kind of villain who is so sickly sweet on the outside and yet gives you chills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I almost forgot all the terrible things Coulter did in the books, but I more or less forgave her(ish) for the way her life ended. I mean, at least she showed she sort of cared about her daughter. Voldemort seems to be on everyone's lists! I never really found him all that scary as a villain, mostly cause it took so long for us to see him actually do something. But Bellatrix and Umbridge? Now those were some scary bitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! Voldemort made my list as well. The White Witch! Of course! I should have read other people's lists before finalizing mine. LOL You can check out my top ten here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with Snow, Coulter, It, and Voldemort! Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our lists are very similar, mine is just longer.
    -Anne
    http://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh completely agree- especially Mrs Coulture. *Shudder*. Ugh and Snow (and not to mention Coin- she was awful) ...and Voldemort. Let's see...Didn't Eragon have a pretty creepy villain in it? Or and the guy from the Lord of the Rings...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm most frightened, I think, of bad guys who never change. How did they get that way and why don't they ever become good?

    Here's my Top Ten Baddies List.

    I hope you will also stop by my blog, Readerbuzz, and enter to win A TRIP TO PARIS or a $25 AMAZON GIFT CERTIFICATE!

    ReplyDelete