December 20, 2010

A Porcupine In A Pine Tree

A Porcupine in a Pine Tree
written by Helaine Becker
illustrated by Werner Zimmerman
Published 2010 by Scholastic

This is my new favourite Christmas picture book. It's a rendition of the Twelve days of Christmas -Canadian Style. It features (among other things); 2 caribou, 3 beaver tails, 4 calling moose, 5 Stanley Cups...The  *lyrics* are perfection and the illustrations created by the Master Werner Zimmerman are sweet and have lovely detail.
I shared this at my recent holiday story time at the library and it was a huge hit! We now have a long wait list for it. Perfect for a last minute gift for any age.....though I hear that the publisher is having difficulty keeping stock. It's destined to be a holiday classic.

5/5 Buy it! If you can find it.




2 comments:

  1. thanks for the flattering review. I'm truly happy you liked the book.

    If you or anyone you know is a budding artist they might like to join me for the 12 Days of Drawing on my blog: http://wernerzimmermann.blogspot.com/

    all the best for the new year and the rest of the 12 Days of Christmas!

    Werner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm completely honored that you stopped by and commented. We had such fun with the book after Christmas dinner, our whole family was singing it.

    ReplyDelete