April 21, 2011

Storytime with Dog's Colorful Day



This week's story time was centered around Dog's Colorful Day: A Messy Story About Coloring and Counting by Emma Dodd
I enjoy sharing many of Emma Dodd's stories. I find they work really well for story time especially for the younger preschool age. In Dog's Colorful Day we meet a white dog with a black spot who moves through out his day getting spots of all different colours from various sources. As I read this story I have an enlarged picture of the dog on my board and I invite one of the children to come up choose the crayon colour and create a dot on him as we read. They love particpating and it's a great activity for developing colour recognition, listening skills and following directions.

Dog's Colorful Day: A Messy Story About Colors and Counting (Picture Puffins)

A great companion book:

Lots of Dots

Lots of Dots by Craig Frazier
Published by Chronicle Books 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment