May 27, 2012

Book Review: Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock

Hemlock (Hemlock, #1)

Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock
Published by Harpercollins May 8th 2012
Reviewed from ARC provided by publisher

Summary

Mackenzie and Amy were best friends. Until Amy was brutally murdered.

Since then, Mac’s life has been turned upside down. She is being haunted by Amy in her dreams, and an extremist group called the Trackers has come to Mac’s hometown of Hemlock to hunt down Amy’s killer: A white werewolf.

Lupine syndrome—also known as the werewolf virus—is on the rise across the country. Many of the infected try to hide their symptoms, but bloodlust is not easy to control.

Wanting desperately to put an end to her nightmares, Mac decides to investigate Amy’s murder herself. She discovers secrets lurking in the shadows of Hemlock, secrets about Amy’s boyfriend, Jason, her good pal Kyle, and especially her late best friend. Mac is thrown into a maelstrom of violence and betrayal that puts her life at risk.

My Thoughts

 You know that commercial for Maxwell House coffee with the adorable little girl looking in the mirror singing about how she loves everything in her life....



That is how I felt reading Hemlock...just replace her words with....

"I liked the cover, I liked the main character Mac, I loved Kyle, I liked the werewolves, I liked the storyline, I liked the plot twists,I can't wait for more.. I liked THE WHOLE BOOK. my favourite werewolf story....Kathleen is a great storyteller...yeah, yeah, yeah."

8 comments:

  1. lol, that commercial is cute! As the little girl sang, I replaced her words with yours... I also really LOVED Hemlock! It had just the right amount of romance and mystery to it, and it was interesting how werewolves were known to be in existence. And the ending left me wishing book two was already out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you really loved it! I can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, this review is all kinds of awesome, because it perfectly describes how you felt, and it made me giggle. I definitely have to pick this one up because it seems like a lot of people love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, thanks Ashley, I just wanted to try something different. Glad you liked it. You definitely have to read it;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so cute! Haha I totally hadn't seen that commercial, but it was too adorable. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this book, and you put it amazingly (I love that commercial). I can't wait for book 2, but everything about this book was amazing, I couldn't put it down. Kathleen definitely is an awesome writer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, what a great review! Simple, to the point, and utterly perfect :-) I enjoyed Hemlock as well and think it may end up in my Top Three Faves in 2012.

    ReplyDelete