July 31, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday- Characters I’d Love to Exchange Places with for 24hrs


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
Each week we post our Top Ten Lists on a variety of book related topics. 
This week:

Characters I’d Love to Exchange Places with for 24 hrs

1. Hermione Granger. Brilliant witch, best friend to Harry Potter and Ron Weasley.  She’s one of my favourite female characters of all time.

2. Belle from Beauty and the Beast. (I know the original fairy tale may not be like the Disney one) Sure things don’t start out too well, but she eventually falls in love, the beast becomes the Prince, she gets to live in a castle and we all know how incredible her library is:)

3.  Violet from The Body Finder. Yes she can sense the dead, but she also dates Jay and he is the ultimate book boyfriend.

4. Bella from Twilight Saga. I know I know, I can imagine what you are thinking but Rob Pattison is not my Edward nor is K Stewart my Bella. The Edward in my head when I read these books is miles above the one that Rob Pattison attempts to embody. Also immortal life with my immortal family….. yes pls.

This was a hard topic!  When I look at my bookshelf, I see books filled with characters that I adore, but for the most part they have gone or will go through horrible events….. I think I would pass on exchanging places with them for that reason.

I’ll be interested to see who is on everyone else's lists ……

7 comments:

  1. I figured with only 24 hours, I'd pick the happy endings, please :) And Hermione topped my list too, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I`ll be Belle or Hermione for 24 hours too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you chose Belle, she's just the best princess ever. I'm actually a little jealous of that choice haha :) Hermoine and Bella have been chosen everywhere (except by me, I guess) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! I would definitely want to switch with Hermione. She's pretty awesome. :)

    I didn't even think of using Violet. I personally think it would be kind of cool to sense things like she does.

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same problem when I was making my list; I apparently love books where the characters suffer! I should have put Violet on my list b/c I agree about Jay being the best book boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way about a lot of the characters that I love! I loved reading about them and cheering them on through their struggles...but lots of times switching places with them doesn't sound very appealing. I chose Hermione too! As for Beauty (Belle is her Disney name), the fairy tale is quite a bit different. But she still does have a lot of positive qualities and is still strong and brave and resourceful enough to break the curse, so Disney's version of her isn't super far off (and the fairy tale character still loves reading).

    ReplyDelete