July 16, 2012

Book Review: Until I Die by Amy Plum

12908877 (1)
Until I Die by Amy Plum
Published May 8th 2012 by HarperCollins
Reviewed from personal copy

Summary:
Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.
As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.




My Thoughts:
  There is something special about a book set in Paris. Perhaps its the history, and the romantic atmosphere I always equate with that city, ( oh how I long to visit) it seems so magical.  This is the second book in the  Revenants series,and although I think that Die For Me would have made a great stand alone, I was excited to revisit the story and the characters of Kate and Vincent. I truly adore them as a couple. 

    Kate is determined and strong, yet has already dealt with so much in life. She and  Vincent seem made for each other except for the fact that Vincent is immortal and Kate is not.  They meet their challenges head on, despite the reserved support of family and friends. The book was a bit slow in the building though in hindsight I can see the how the plot was laid out before us. I had my suspicions of who the new enemy would be and kept shouting it out to Kate but it seems characters in books never listenSmile

  Overall, a good follow up, but the ending left me yelling NO!!!! When will the next one be out? How does Amy Plum expect me to wait?

Until I Die - Kobo
Until I Die -Book Depository
Add to Goodreads

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on the ending! I said the same thing. I almost envy those people who wait until the whole series is done before reading it. Almost. :)

    ReplyDelete