July 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday-July 25


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we are invited to post about the books we are anxiously awaiting.

My pick this week:
A Mutiny in Time (Infinity Ring #1)

A Mutiny in Time by James Dashner-Infinity Ring Book #1
To be published by Scholastic Inc September 2012

Summary:
Scholastic's next multi-platform mega-event begins here! History is broken, and three kids must travel back in time to set it right! 

When best friends Dak Smyth and Sera Froste stumble upon the secret of time travel -- a hand-held device known as the Infinity Ring -- they're swept up in a centuries-long secret war for the fate of mankind. Recruited by the Hystorians, a secret society that dates back to Aristotle, the kids learn that history has gone disastrously off course.Now it's up to Dak, Sera, and teenage Hystorian-in-training Riq to travel back in time to fix the Great Breaks . . . and to save Dak's missing parents while they're at it. First stop: Spain, 1492, where a sailor named Christopher Columbus is about to be thrown overboard in a deadly mutiny!

Aside from the fact that it sounds amazing, this middle grade book is written by James Dashner, and is the first one in a series of book written by other amazing authors-
Carrie Ryan, Lisa McMann, Jennifer Nielson, Matthew Kirby....YES PLS! Can not wait for this series to begin!

Add to GoodReads

6 comments:

  1. love the colors!

    stop by my post?! I have an ARC giveaway of my pick! :)

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to read this either! James Dashner is an AMAZING writer. My WoW post today is actually his other upcoming book, The Kill Order! Thanks for sharing. Here is my WoW for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice, I've never heard of this author but he looks pretty AWESOME!

    The Brunette Librarian's Waiting on Wednesday Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of this! But it looks really good :)

    Shortskie's WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazing!! And James Dashner... huge fan :) Never heard about it but thank you so much for sharing. Fantastic pick <3
    New Follower!
    xoxo, Mariam

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely not my genre but I would love to get my hands on this one. It sounds very interesting and exciting. Time traveling brings very unexpected twists and turns and I can't wait for this one to come out and see what's going to happen in it. Great pick!
    Check out my WOW.

    ReplyDelete